hope has
eluded me
the world is all too awful
put it in the too hard basket
shut tight
again
a stranger
came to my aid
yesterday
thank you to
whoever
is sending me
these angels
i look out the window
on this cold frosty night
a single star is flickering
smiling at me
reassuring me that
everything will be alright
i am reminded
that i am not alone


This is wonderful, Rall. We all need a Too Hard Bucket these days. I love that star of hope shining through your window..........reminds me of an old poem of mine.........
ReplyDeleteI appreciated your three short poems with their varied messages. Often I feel like you expressed in your first poem. Then again, the kindness of random others and a shining star in the night sky give me that feeling of hope I so much need!
ReplyDeleteIn spite of all the awfulness there is, there is also a kind stranger to remind us there's hope that shines like a star in the darkness. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI suppose the Too Hard Basket and the Star of Hope were sent by the same angels. Profound.
ReplyDeleteA star is a wonderful place to find hope and realize you are not alone. When things feel heavy for me I often tell others - "I just can't" meaning I can't deal with it at the moment. True...
ReplyDeleteI love the Too Hard Basket. If someone is bothering you, imagine if. you could just point to it.
ReplyDelete