Thursday, August 6, 2026

Friday Writings # 239....Poets and Story Tellers United




bones 
start to creak a little
picking up things from off the floor
seems to take a long time


picking herself up
is even harder

 





bending over is not so easy either
she uses a bath chair
to wash her feet in the shower
it is strange knowing
she is the same age as old people
yet another reality
she must come to terms with





11 comments:

  1. Oh, so much I can relate to in this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! I'm not mentally ready for the bath chair! Maybe building a concrete seating area would be ok though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, "... strange knowing she is the same age as old people".

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can happen. My mother fought osteoporosis, walking a mile or two before breakfast every day and usually after lunch--but an injury interfered with her lifting things, so she stayed sturdy below the waist and brittle above.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Age is a number and a great reckoner- but I hope we can all have the chance to stay young inside - May you always get back up - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so true your humourous glance into the world of aging and our bodies! Remembering when I was a girl and we played "Pick Up Sticks" .. did you play that Down Under? Cheers to you today, Rall. We have had in and out of town guests for the past several weeks, scant time to read and/or write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes we did, Hope you had a great time with your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, not the bath chair, but otherwise, I can easily relate to this. Love the cartoons!

    ReplyDelete