Rallentanda

Rallentanda

Friday, July 10, 2026

FRIDAY WRITINGS # 235....POETS AND STORY TELLERS UNITED


 a hidden gem
in the harbour
sees us come and go
centuries in
centuries out
forever constant
holds many memories
including a wedding ring
diamonds are certainly not
a girl's best friend

8 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the ocean rolls on forever, whereas we are so brief and inconstant. I like the caustic, almost throw-away wit of the ending, if not the fact it tells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sting of salt water at the end but I love how you have portrayed the idea that the sea is eternal - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great conclusion and a beautiful piece of nature Indeed a gem

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely romantic scene you've set out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way in your verse the water body is intricately twined with human lives and lived experiences of separation, grief, pain, break ups. The waters watch quietly and serenely carry the burden of stories unchronicled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it sees us come. And go. I wonder what it makes of these transient apes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imagine the tales these bodies of water could tell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diamonds are good friends of the best. Generally amongst a small groups of treasures. At least in our house. And true, water seems much much a necessity.

    ReplyDelete