Banner by Aptivi
Banner by Ange
A senryu is a short, three-line Japanese poetic form structurally identical to a haiku (typically following a 5-7-5 syllable pattern), but which turns its lens toward human nature, everyday ironies, and relational quirks rather than the natural world.
LEAVE A LINK TO ONE OR MORE PICS
ENJOY!
granny liked to knit
got carried away sometimes
with her love for cats
creative thinking
Thank you Cosmo
SENRYU 5 7 5
focuses on human nature and behaviour
focuses on human nature and behaviour
JOIN IN - OPEN TO ALL
LEAVE A LINK TO ONE OR MORE PICS
ENJOY!
young and beautiful
had no family or friends
books her companions
had no family or friends
books her companions
2)
got carried away sometimes
with her love for cats
3)
5)
modern day romance
fraught with danger and scammers
real life's hard enough
fraught with danger and scammers
real life's hard enough
6)
not if you're Cosmo
he enjoys what he enjoys
skilled at it too
he enjoys what he enjoys
skilled at it too
SHOWCASING... J COSMO NEWBERY
https://jcosmonewbery99.blogspot.com
Last week Cosmo submitted a weeks worth of senryu as a Diary.
He obviously loves writing them.
They are very enjoyable and worth a read
They are very enjoyable and worth a read
Thank you Cosmo










.webp)

Thanks so much, Rall! Here's my take:
ReplyDeletehttps://aptivisjoyfulcorner.wordpress.com/2026/09/20/senryu-sunday-sept-20th-2026/
And thank you so much for using my banner for the challenge! Very much appreciated, and that made me smile. ☺️
at last, warmth
ReplyDeleteI sit outdoors –
mosquito!
I hope you don't mind that I use the more modern short-long-short lines instead of 5-7-5. Also, are we supposed to add ours in the comments or supply a link? I think, unless you are using a Mister Linky, putting ours in the comments works better. (The link supplied by Aptivi didn't lead anywhere for me anyway.)
I’m loving this senryũ 🙌
Deletehttps://aptivisjoyfulcorner.wordpress.com/2026/09/20/senryu-sunday-sept-20th-2026/
ReplyDeleteTry the above. It is working for me.You have to be careful to only highlight the address.
Yep 3 5 3. is fine.
I prefer the link because otherwise I don't know which illustration you are using , I'm not tech savvy so I 'm not sure if I can work out Mr Linky.
I like your senryu particularly if you are sitting with that guy on top of the truck enjoying the outdoors...a very Rosemary thing to do:)
Love these images and your senryũs especially the ‘plant’ one 😀 https://poetisatinta.wordpress.com/2026/09/20/senryu-sunday-4/
ReplyDeletehttps://poetisatinta.wordpress.com/2026/09/20/senryu-sunday-4/
ReplyDeleteWhat fun, Rall!
ReplyDeleteGreat fun, Rall! Here's mine: https://theelephantstrunk.org/2026/09/20/going-for-the-green/
ReplyDelete