There's something refreshing about how blunt this is, no dressing it up, just "hard fact" stated plainly. I like how it moves from the general ("hard slog") down to specific people who feel it most, poets, the sensitive, before landing on that final line like a verdict. Not every poem needs softness, and this one earns its bluntness.
"Hard for the sensitive" indeed. I am sensitive but recent idiocies have desensitized me - my outrage has taken over. Thankfully, Mother Earth is where I turn for beauty and solace and she never disappoints.
Blunt truth, hard hurts ...๐
ReplyDeleteVery true, life is indeed hard. ๐
ReplyDeleteThere's something refreshing about how blunt this is, no dressing it up, just "hard fact" stated plainly. I like how it moves from the general ("hard slog") down to specific people who feel it most, poets, the sensitive, before landing on that final line like a verdict. Not every poem needs softness, and this one earns its bluntness.
ReplyDelete"Hard for the sensitive" indeed. I am sensitive but recent idiocies have desensitized me - my outrage has taken over. Thankfully, Mother Earth is where I turn for beauty and solace and she never disappoints.
ReplyDelete