Rallentanda

Rallentanda

Thursday, August 6, 2026

WHAT"S GOING ON.....Open LInk....TANKA TUESDAY CHALLENGE NO. 75...Forgotten Memories

 

 

  SHADORMA

i forgot
he was not just a 
great actor 
but also
a sweet man who loves his cat 
plays piano for him

SIR ANTHONY HOPKINS



 
CINQUAIN

almost
forgot this too
he is a composer
an extremely  talented one
brilliant

HAIBUN

Sir Anthony Hopkins composed the romantic piece "And the Waltz Goes On" in 1964. Too humble and insecure to share his early musical talent with the public, he kept it hidden for nearly 50 years. In 2011, his wife secretly sent the score to Dutch violinist André Rieu, who fell in love with the tune and performed it live with his orchestra.

truly great artist
humility shines through his
vast veritable talent







9 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know any of this, Rall. Thanks for the great poetic share of information. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had no idea that he was a music composer, too. He is a brilliant actor. Thank you for sharing this information through the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard the music. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that was sweet! I didn't know that. Great poems, Rall!

    Yvette M Calleiro :-)
    yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Anthony Hopkins. I didnt know that about his musical composition. He is so humble. And so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And your poems of various forms are absolute sweetness. You've beautifully celebrated the actor-composer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ". . . a sweet man who loves his cat . . ." I remember seeing a you tube video of him and piano and cat. Did I just dream it? You bring him alive in these three pieces. And thank you for the music!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this background. i had no idea about this side of him,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunflower Tanka Anthology
    Wow, I didn't know any of this, Rall. Thanks for the great poetic share of information. 💜
    August 10, 2026 at 3:57 PM
    Smitha
    Wow, I had no idea that he was a music composer, too. He is a brilliant actor. Thank you for sharing this information through the poem.
    August 12, 2026 at 3:29 AM
    Smitha
    I just heard the music. It's amazing.
    August 12, 2026 at 3:32 AM
    Yvette M Calleiro
    Aw, that was sweet! I didn't know that. Great poems, Rall!

    Yvette M Calleiro :-)
    yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com
    August 12, 2026 at 3:06 PM
    Sherry Blue Sky
    I LOVE Anthony Hopkins. I didnt know that about his musical composition. He is so humble. And so talented.
    August 12, 2026 at 6:00 PM
    Sumana Roy
    And your poems of various forms are absolute sweetness. You've beautifully celebrated the actor-composer.
    August 12, 2026 at 8:51 PM
    Susan
    ". . . a sweet man who loves his cat . . ." I remember seeing a you tube video of him and piano and cat. Did I just dream it? You bring him alive in these three pieces. And thank you for the music!
    August 12, 2026 at 10:07 PM

    ReplyDelete