Rallentanda

Rallentanda

Thursday, August 27, 2026

WHAT"S GOING ON...FRIDAY WRITINGS # 242..POETS and STORYTELLERS UNITED

 


kindness

both joy and pain
when you realise that
you only receive it from
strangers
the nearest
not always the dearest
if not for strangers
kindness would indeed be
a stranger


8 comments:

  1. That is an interesting perspective, Rall. Definitely food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, an interesting perspective and one I relate to. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sad realisation ... and then perhaps a good one too, for what could be more wonderful than strangers choosing to bestow kindness?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only from strangers? I hope it hasn't gone so far! But, indeed, "the nearest / not always the dearest." An intriguing poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This world would be dreary and bleak if not for the unexpected kindness of some strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting perspective...sometimes strangers bring unexpected joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Small random acts of kindness are the best. I held a door for an old lady yesterday. She felt good, I felt good and for a brief moment, the world was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wise and true - beautifully distilled - Jae

    ReplyDelete