Rallentanda

Rallentanda

Saturday, August 29, 2026

SENRYU SUNDAY

 




WELCOME TO SENRYU SUNDAY

SENRYU  5 7 5
focuses on human nature and behaviour
HAIKU 5 7 5 
focuses  on the natural world

JOIN IN - OPEN TO ALL
LEAVE A LINK TO ONE OR MORE PICS
ENJOY!
 


how lucky is this
two great australian icons
a good view also


During an official inspection by the Governor of Van Diemen's Land, 1838, Sir John Franklin, his wife Lady Jane Franklin, and the prison chaplain Reverend William Bedford, the inmates staged a coordinated act of mass defiance. [1, 2]
As the Reverend began to preach a sermon on salvation and reform, the leader of the convict group gave a signal. In perfect unison, up to 300 female convicts turned around, pulled up their skirts, bared their bottoms, and slapped them.



rebellious convicts
it is aussie heritage
not deferential




it's the only way
you can speak sometimes against
hate filled racism

18 comments:

  1. Hope to see your contributions here, Some senryu maybe be controversial. I will always provide at least one that is not. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my father taught me
    that last droplet of urine
    soaks into your briefs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - thanks Rall 😃https://poetisatinta.wordpress.com/2026/08/30/senryu-sunday/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...Your response shows an understanding of the Aussie character. I think some of those convict chicks must have come from Wales:) Thank you for the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! Here's my senryu: https://aptivisjoyfulcorner.wordpress.com/2026/08/30/senryu-sunday-august-30th-2026/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining in. Liked your senryu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave it a shot:
    https://mymindmappings.com/2026/08/30/sunday-senryu-why-not/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have me over the moon
    A real date with 'The Rall'
    Am I deserving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tsk ! Where is your senryu? Don't make me swim over there Helen :)

      Delete
  9. What fun, Rall. Happy to participate in your new senryu challenge! Here's mine:
    https://theelephantstrunk.org/2026/08/30/butt-butt-a-senryu/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liked your dusty cheeks poem:) Thanks for joining in.

      Delete
  10. Feeling embarrassed
    I love writing senryu
    I really messed up

    ReplyDelete
  11. don't be so silly
    you are always welcome here
    sweet happy helen

    ReplyDelete